Full course description
The goal of the How Nursing Faculty Can Help Promote COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence course is to build COVID-19 vaccine confidence among nursing students and faculty at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing so that they can better engage with patients and individuals in the community to promote uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Following completion of this course and motivational interviewing training, you will be able to:
- llustrate for nursing students, the challenges surrounding COVID-19 vaccine confidence, provide guidance on selecting trusted sources of information.
- Prepare nursing students with validated methods for managing crucial conversations with patients around the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Guide nursing students on best practices for managing social media activity around COVID-19 vaccines.
The development of this module is supported by an award by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) totaling $70,000. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by AACN, CDC, or the U.S. Government.
- Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Attendees to this activity will be awarded 0.45 contact hours by ENPDC. To obtain contact hours participants must:
- Participate in the entire activity
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- This enduring material course will expire on 5/6/2025