Full course description
In this course on Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice we will first consider the history and background of Interprofessional Education. Then we will dive deeper into the four collaborative practice (IPECP) competencies:
- Competency Domain 1: Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
- Competency Domain 2: Roles and Responsibilities
- Competency Domain 3: Interprofessional Communication
- Competency Domain 4: Teams and Teamwork
Carolyn K Clevenger, DNP, GNP-BC, AGPCNP-BC, FAANP, FGSA, FAAN - Dr. Clevenger, gerontological nurse practitioner, is the Associate Dean for Clinical and Community Partnerships at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing. She is a nationally recognized educational leader in advanced practice nursing and in geriatrics and gerontology. She is a Past President of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association, Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and the Gerontological Society of America, and contributor to the AANP Certification Program. She is Clinical Director of the nurse-led patient centered medical home for people living with dementia, the Integrated Memory Care Clinic (IMCC). IMCC represents an innovative clinical model that provides memory and primary care in a single integrated model for people living with dementia and their care partners.
Beth Ann Swan, PhD, RN, FAAN - Dr. Beth Ann Swan is Clinical Professor, and Associate Dean and Vice President for Academic Practice Partnerships at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University. Dr. Swan is a fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, past president of the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN), and a Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse Fellow. She is nationally and internationally known for her research in health care and nursing. She was an early leader in exploring the impact of changing health care delivery models on outcomes of care. Throughout her career, Dr. Swan has been an advocate for engaging consumers in their health care, promoting ambulatory and primary care, and creating innovative evidence-based practices to improve care. As the principal investigator on extramural funded grants, Dr. Swan has provided leadership and mentorship on ground-breaking projects impacting both nursing practice and interprofessional education.
Bethany Robertson, DNP, CNM, FNAP - Dr. Robertson is an Associate Clinical Professor and the InEmory Program Director at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University. Her professional experience has been varied spanning from bedside nurse, to nurse midwife, healthcare administrator and educator. She has thoroughly enjoyed all of her experiences and has striven to share lessons learned with learners and peers.
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Pass the quiz with 89%
- Complete the evaluation
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 2021
- Expiration Date: 2024
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-727-9208.