Full course description
National, interdisciplinary conference for healthcare professionals, attorneys and general public to inform and update on the current trends in health policy and clinical practice. This conference will focus on federal and state initiatives in multiple chronic conditions, pain practices, patient involvement and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Overall Conference Objectives:
- Examine legislative and clinical trends in addressing the complex care needs of patients living with multiple chronic conditions (MCC).
- Review policy and practice perspectives on shared decision making, social determinants and their influence on patient outcomes.
- Discuss federal and state legislation and clinical collaboration on improving acute and chronic pain practices.
- Engage in health policy and clinical practice discussions with legislators, clinical thought leaders and experts on best practices for the largest, fastest growing and costliest patient populations.
- Arlene S. Bierman, MD, MS – Director Center for Evidence & Practice Improvement at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Carolyn K. Clevenger, DNP, RN, GNP-BC, AGPCNP-BC, FAANP, FGSA – Clinical Professor and Associate Dean for Clinical and Community Partnerships at Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Glenna Crooks, PhD – Co-Founder of The CogentSage Group, LLC
- Jane Pederson, MD, MS – Chief Medical Quality Officer, Stratis Health, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Division of Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Nicole Ruggiano, PhD, DSW, BA – Associate Professor and Doctor of Social Work Program Director at the University of Alabama School of Social Work
- Sarah Slocum, MA – Co-Director, Altarum, Program to Improve Eldercare
Wednesday, October 13, 2021:
- Welcome Reception
Thursday, October 14, 2021 – Trends in Policy and Practice: Pain, Patient Perspectives:
- Discuss current state and federal legislative trends in pain, shared decision making and quality care.
- Examine legislative initiatives intended to promote best practices and ensure safe, patient-centered care.
- Review the role of the patient and their impact on clinical decision making.
- Describe the multiple disciplines involved in the effective and safe management of acute and chronic pain.
- Evaluate the interface between social determinants and patient centered outcomes.
Friday, October 15, 2021 – Trends in Policy and Practice: Multiple Chronic Conditions:
- Review federal initiatives in meeting the complex care needs of the largest U.S. patient population – those with two or more chronic conditions.
- Examine the U.S. demographics of patients living with symptomatic multiple chronic conditions.
- Describe best practices in self-management, shared decision making and advocacy when empowering patients to achieve optimal patient-centered outcomes.
- Review the role of the patient living with multiple chronic conditions and navigating the healthcare system.
- Discuss the integration and implementation of palliative care or aggressive symptom management to maintain and promote physical functioning and quality of life.
To See the Full Agenda and Speaker Bios - Click Here
Venue & Lodging:
2 W. Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401
A block of rooms is available for conference participants $215/night.
The registration fee includes workshop materials, breakfast, and lunch.
Receive a $30 discount for Early Bird Registration. Register/enroll by 7/31/2021 to receive the discounted registration.
To Register/enroll please click on the $480 Enroll button and complete all required steps.
Other registration promotions:
- Student Rate $325 - use promotion code NTSTUDENT when enrolling (must show student ID at registration)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Mutiple Chronic Conditions Summit Participant Rate $450 - use promotion code NTAHRQ when enrolling
- General Public Rate $300 - use promotion code NTPUBLIC (no continuing education credit awarded)
Continuing education credits will be offered for: medicine, nursing, physician assistants, physical therapy, chiropractor, pharmacy, social work and law. Open to general public.
Questions? Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 404-727-9208.