Full course description
About this course:
Simulation is an array of structured activities that represent actual or potential situations in education and practice to develop or enhance their knowledge, skills, and attitudes, or to analyze and respond to realistic situations in a simulated environment.
In this course, we address the significance of prebriefing and debriefing, explore strategies to set the stage for successful simulation experiences, understand how and when to effectively use each element of prebriefing, and finally, we explore and apply debriefing as a crucial component for reflective learning and skill enhancement.
- Recognize the significance of prebriefing and debriefing in the context of patient simulation.
- Understand how effective prebriefing sets the stage for successful simulation experiences.
- Gain an understanding of the elements of prebriefing and when each is used in simulation-based education.
- Appreciate debriefing as a crucial component for reflective learning and skill enhancement.
- Explore various debriefing models and approaches suitable for different simulation scenarios.
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Pass the quiz with
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 11/08/2023
- Expiration Date: 11/07/2026
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-727-9208.