Full program description
About this Program:
Data Science is the study of Big Data and the ability to apply it in research, practice, and leadership. Big data allows nurses to gather the system-level insights they need to create solutions that are grounded in the reality of what’s happening across healthcare today.
No matter your education or career level, if you have a big idea, big data insights can help you to secure the buy-in, funding, and approvals you need to back it up. This program breaks down core concepts in data science, making them digestible and easy to understand.
It will show you how to leverage big data to make health systems stronger, safer, and more equitable for patients and communities. In fact, we will conclude with a chance for you to build and download an organized, de-identified big data set of your own.
This program has four sections:
- Learn: Here we provide an understanding of what big data is and its significance to nursing
- Discover: In this section, you will learn about how to extract data and what to do with it once you have it
- Do: Finally, we let you do it yourself - extract and interpret the data to answer questions using Emory's Project NeLL.
By completing this program, you will:
- earn an Emory Nursing digital certificate and 4.0 nursing continuing professional development contact hours.
- receive a digital badge, which can be put on social media sites, such as LinkedIn, added as a link on your digital resume, and/or embedded in your e-portfolio.
- get a one-year license to Project Nell, a powerful suite of apps for teaching, learning, and practicing nursing data science.
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Pass all quizzes with an 80% or higher
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 4/20/2023
- Expiration Date: 4/19/2026
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-727-9208.